Friday

Bespoke lighting


Hiya

I'm excited to share this animation by the magnificent Lazy Chief - it's SO exciting to see my drawings brought to life and flying across the screen! This is one of fifteen static gobo designs I've designed for The Lexicon town centre, a public art commission with Artscape Management.

I drew the moths from specimens collected in Bracknell in the 1980s and held at Reading Museum called the Dumbleton Collection. These drawings are screen printed onto glass and then fitted into a projector to shine the drawings in light down onto the pavements at night. I recently had the opportunity to test one of the designs on site (see below) and I can't wait until they're all in place.




Have a lovely weekend, mine will be a combination of walking, screen printing and going to see the Hockney show at the Tate HOORAH! x

No comments: