Wednesday

Konnichiwa from Tokyo!








Konnichiwa from Tokyo! I finished the 10m mural today so I just wanted to do a super quick blogpost to share some images so you can see what I've been up to!

I was asked to create a hand painted mural for the restaurant of the new Ekoda campus of Musashino Academia Musicae. I wanted to explore the important history of Musashino in Japan and so made the organ from the Beethoven Hall central to the design, and I was also inspired by the architects desire to save an old cherry tree as a symbol to connect the university and the region, and so my design is book ended by cherry trees. I'm so proud of the final piece, and I've had SUCH a wonderful time painting it. Once the restaurant is completed - furniture installed etc I'll show you the final thing but I couldn't wait to show you some snaps for now. I've now got 5 days to explore Tokyo before I return to Steve and the cats (who I'm missing TERRIBLY!) tomorrow I am doing an Ikebana workshop in the morning and the lovely client is taking me to an exhibition in the afternoon!

p.s..... Before I left for Japan I recorded a podcast (ep. 48) about my career with the lovely Ben Tallon of Arrest All Mimics fame, you can listen to me giggling and jabbering on here.

OK, that's it for now - follow me on Instagram to see more Tokyo adventures xxx


No comments: