Thursday

Tokyo exhibition 2013



Hello Sunshine!

I wanted to share the first few paintings I've been working on for my solo exhibition in Japan next year at the Galerie Doux Dimanche in Tokyo. I am very lucky as the exhibition will taking place during March-April 2013 which is cherry blossom season in Japan, and the Gallery has been incredibly generous in funding the exhibition space, curation and marketing.

I will be exhibiting an entirely new body of framed original drawings, and I have been loving experimenting with splashy watercolours in conjunction with my very detailed and controlled drawing style. The dots upon the white ribbon on the yellow rose piece were created by piercing the paper with a needle and this is a technique I am looking to explore further. To create enough artwork to fill the space I am on a very tight schedule of creating one new drawing each week. I plan to bring a touch of England to Tokyo and hope to complete lots of English plants, country fetes (including dog shows with rosettes!), food, animals and buildings. Today I started a new piece with gold leaf and two fritillaria so I'm hoping to share that with you next week as I'm really pleased with the composition.

This week I finished the illustrated map for Strutt Parker and six new pub drawings for Heineken so I will show you them as soon as they are published. I am currently working on the final drawings for Harvey Nichols (they are soooooo lovely but you'll have to wait until the windows are installed in September to see), I'm also working on the final drawings for spa packaging and two new editorial pieces for Holland & Barrett.   Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine (here in the UK we have waited a very long time for our summer but it is finally here HOORAY!) x

No comments: